The role Manages DP World Chile customer relationship in the area of BCO (Beneficial Cargo Owner) in the land side operations, including Lirquen, San Antonio and CIS/LOS Morros (current customers + increasing our customer footprint), this includes developing opportunities for new services with customers, contract, contract maintenance, and will find ways to increase the total throughput and profitability of our facilities.
The position is responsible for Budget construction, and budget delivery during the year, The role increases customer participation grow and development of new business in each business unit, one of the key goals will be the development of new products and services, such as fruit in lirquen, car transportation form the terminal in San Antonio, customer attraction for the new Colenhuao facility.
- The role will be expected to put safety as a priority and as a senior manager lead by example in the area of HSE.
- Identify the marketplace(s), analyze and provide market intelligence to develop strategies and implement the market plan.
- Ensure pricing results meet or exceed company objectives.
This position has a broad scope and requires full engagement (managing, controlling, directing, analyzing, and challenging/questioning) with all internal and external stake holders. It will involve frequent travel to the various sites throughout Chile for which this role will have full accountability for. The position will report to the commercial and new business development director and will work hand by hand with the liner commercial manager, for the services that are complement to cargo loading and unloading, and the role will work with the terminals general managers as a internal service provider (shared service). The role will be part of a team that will provide the Commercial and new business development support to our business units. and the role will have assistance from a team in the business units for statistics, pricing and results follow up.
Qualifications, experience and skills
This position will need a proven track record of decision making and leadership within supply chain management and a strong background in financial modeling and management.
This position also requires a high level of consultative management and persuasion skills, as well as a high proficiency level to read and write in English.
Industrial Engineer or Business engineer, with at least 10 years’ experience in commercial relationship with big accounts (exporters and importers desirable), prefer experience with the logistic related activities within Chile or LTAM in fruit /forestry / car industry, not necessarily just in the port industry.
1. Master Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Project Management or any other relevant field would be an advantage.
1. At least 10 years’ senior level experience working in either /or logistics, ports, depots, economic zones, industrial & logistic parks.
2. Experience in the economic development, investment promotion, logistics, shipping, trade facilitation sectors will be an advantage.
1. Previous exposure & skills demonstrated in successfully heading a Commercial BCO function
2. Understanding of the specific critical factors that will drive success for development and projects.
3. Interpersonal skills to include influencing and team work.
Enviar correo a email@example.com indicando el cargo de postulación.